Additive Manufacturing Roles For Students
Summer/Fall Semester Co-op June - December 2020
Are you currently a student looking for real-world work-experience in a growing field? Do you want to gain a sense for the manufacturing process of the future? Midwest Prototyping is seeking candidates for a Cooperative Educational Internship (co-op) for 2020. An expansion of our traditional summer internship, this position will be focused on the following initiatives:
- Application of candidate talents for independent production-development projects
- Practical integration into an additive manufacturing workflow
- Comprehensive introduction to advanced prototyping and low-volume production methods
You will be working in a hands-on environment, while becoming familiar with multiple 3D Printing technologies. Along the way you’ll work independently to bring new projects to life, or expand on existing ones. In short, you’re going to be busy, and you’re going to get your hands dirty.
- Removing & post-processing of parts, material management, build platform maintenance
- Quality inspections
- Projects we haven’t even imagined yet
- Scheduled Hours typically Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Some employees on a weekend rotational schedule, interns will participate in this rotation as workload requires.
A successful candidate will be able to manage time efficiently and effectively to meet due dates, keep an open mind to learn techniques currently utilized in-house, pay strong attention to detail and the ability to manage constantly changing priorities. If you meet these requirements and can bring something special to the Midwest team, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, or would like to learn more, click the link below to complete your application.
|Position||Duration||Deadline to Apply|
|Summer Co-Op||June – Dec 2020||April 1, 2020|
All students are responsible for ensuring the cooperative educational internship with Midwest Prototyping will satisfy any coursework relevancy requirements. Candidates are encouraged to meet with their program advisers prior to submitting any application materials, and to make note of any conditions that may need to be met when applying. **We will not accept applications past the specified deadline(s)**