Painting and Finishing Technician - Wisconsin
Midwest Prototyping is looking for a Painting and Finishing Technician to join our staff! In this role, a Painting and Finishing Technician will play an active role in our organization, ensuring every part we produce looks exactly the way it’s supposed to. With the possibility to advance within the organization, we’re looking for those individuals that never miss the fine details on a project, can prioritize on the fly, and understand what it takes to make something look its absolute best.
We’re looking for someone who loves to work with their hands, pays attention to the details, can think on their feet and react to changing deadlines. On a typical workday, this role will include:
- Sanding, priming, painting, and or other advanced finishing techniques on both printed parts and castings to meet project specific requirements
- Management of color-matching process and application of automotive grade paints and finishes
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Utilizing established finishing techniques for master patterns to support urethane department
- Various projects and other duties as assigned.
The Painting and Finishing Technician position plays an important role at Midwest Prototyping. To join our team, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Skills – Knowledge to oversee and produce high-fidelity prototypes and products to showroom and photoshoot-ready levels of quality. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks to meet challenging deadlines with minimal supervision. Applicants must also have attention to detail, and good communication skills.
- Education – Associate Degree or higher in Model Making, Prototyping and Design, or a related field; or relevant professional experience
- Availability – Ability to work Monday to Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM, with occasional evening and weekend hours as workload demands
- Helpful Experience – Though not required, previous experience with finishing, painting and color matching, 3D printing, CAD software, reading and interpreting technical drawings, is preferred (particularly in prototyping and low-volume production settings).
At Midwest Prototyping, our employees put in a lot, so we give a lot back. In addition to competitive pay, a matching 401K program, and paid vacation, we offer:
Wellness – receive premium medical, dental, and vision insurance plans so that you and your family can stay healthy and happy
Profit Sharing – enjoy an extra bonus for busy months. When our organization achieves our profit goals, we put a percentage of that profit into your paycheck.
Location – Enjoy a robust package of locally oriented benefits centered on education, social, and work-life balance programs throughout the Great State of Wisconsin.